Benefits of working with the Council
East Arnhem Regional Council strives to be a nationally recognised employer of choice. In its’ short history, the Council has been recognised for its commitment to Training Excellence and dedication to improve the opportunities for Indigenous Training and Employment.
‘Dedicated to promoting the power of people, protection of community and respect for cultural diversity’, East Arnhem Regional Council is committed to providing a long lasting impact to the people of East Arnhem through quality programs, services and employment.
East Arnhem Regional Council operates under the 2013-2016 East Arnhem Shire Council, Employee Collective Agreement. All Employment Benefits and Conditions are detailed in the Agreement.
Council provides a positive and supportive working environment which values cultural and physical diversity.
East Arnhem Regional Council is led by key values and principles as an integral part of all operations;
- Respect - acknowledge and value individual community identity, Indigenous culture and heritage
- Professionalism - administration, planning, logistics, communications and governance of the highest standard, maximising the use of available resources
- Human Dignity - dealing honestly and fairly with all internal and external stakeholders within East Arnhem Regional Council allowing them the opportunity to develop their full potential
- Organisational Growth - developing new ways of delivering services and solving implementation problems to enable the organisation to change and grow
- Equity - support and advocate the rights of the people of East Arnhem Regional Council to fair treatment as well as legal, social and economic quality
- Community - cooperative groups of people with shared values that provide mutual support and enhancement of each other to achieve agreed service delivery levels
East Arnhem Regional Council sees Employee Development as a participative two way process which aims to contribute to individual, team, work unit and organisational outcomes. The Council recognises the values of facilitating training and development of all employees and seeks to create a ‘Learning Organisation’, defined as “one in which all people, individually and collectively, are continually increasing their capacity to produce results they really care about”.
For further information on Employee Development, such as $1000 per annum towards professional development and up to 5 hours per week Study Leave entitlements, please refer to the 2013-2016 East Arnhem Shire Council, Employee Collective Agreement.
East Arnhem Regional Council provides a number of incentives to attract the right people to the right job. To help you build a secure future we offer:
- competitive salaries including annual increments *
- 6 weeks annual leave after completion of 12 months continuous services
- subsidised housing in communities
- salary sacrifice options *
- Locality Allowance *
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- 76 hours personal leave accrued per year
- Cultural Leave benefits
- professional development
- reasonable adjustment for people with disabilities
- relocation allowances
* Conditions apply